Hello my beautiful and bold sisters!
I hope your week is all that you hoped it would be and that you are consistently seeking ways to let your light shine. I know I have been.
As I have been thinking about you, as I always do, something came up that I wanted to share with all of you.
I don’t think I’ve had the opportunity to discuss vision boards since I started the Bolder Sister blog, but you’re in luck because today’s the day.
When I think about the actions of other confident women I’ve interacted with, one thing is for sure, they all have a vision. A very specific vision. Not really that pie-in-the-sky-I’d-like-to-someday-type-of-vision, but the real deal. They are confident because they know, for sure, what they want from this thing called life. And you better believe there’s nothing or no one that can stand in their way.
Thinking of those other bolder sisters made me think of you. I wonder about your vision. Do you have one for your life? Is your vision clear? Is it specific? Do you truly believe it can happen? Have you written your goals and your vision down? Have you shared your vision with those people who love and support you, but will also push you to get it done? These questions are important when you’re planning to pursue your dreams. Dreams don’t manifest when they only dwell in your mind. You have to put them down so you can see them often and be reminded of what is important to you.
So Bolder Sisters, when you’re ready, and I hope that’s today, get specific with your vision and create your vision board. If you don’t know where to begin, here are a few pointers:
- Gather all of your materials (including the board, glue sticks, magazines, scissors and scrap book stickers).
- Gather other bolder sisters who need to also create a board (it’s way more fun with friends)
- Scan through your magazines, without thinking too much, and select images that immediately stir up a reaction within you. If you think too much you might talk yourself out of it.
- Don’t think about the “HOW” that will come later. When you think about the how, you might begin to doubt that it’s possible. Just know you want it, and that’s enough for your vision board.
- Remain positive and believe that anything is possible.
- Once it’s completed, look at that vision board everyday. Seeing it daily increases your chances of actually pursuing what’s on that board.
Sisters, I hope these tips help get you started. Check out my vision board, which is the featured image of this post. See those stack of books on my board? Well, I’ve made them happen. I can now boldly say, I am a 2 time author, and that particular vision began on my board.
Happy Vision Boarding ladies!
7 thoughts on “That One Thing Bolder Sisters Do”
Wow!!! I literally posted part of my Vision Board on my FaceBook page yesterday!! Even as I worked on it last week, it has given me a totally different perspective of HOW I’m going to get where i want to be. I’m excited. This post is perfect timing Tiya. Thanks for letting me know I’m on the right track!!
I’m so glad it spoke to you Kim. My vision Boards always remind me of the promises I’ve made to myself! I hope you will share your board when it’s complete.
Thanks for the ‘how-to-vision-board tips’. I’ve never tried understanding what all goes into it.
Thank you Yolonda! My new favorite thing is to create one every year. Mine truly inspire me.
I’ve never created a vision board. I have a vision, though its not very clear. I’m going to begin thinking and writing down my vision. Hopefully, my sister-friends and I, hint hint, can get together to create boards for 2018.
Yes ma’am, we have to get together and create our boards. It will be fun!