Hey Bolder Sisters,
I hope you spent this past week enjoying your life, pursuing your passions and being bold and courageous. You know that is always my hope for you.
I also hope that one of your to-do list items included gathering up your girlfriends and heading to see the movie Girls Trip.
I must admit I wasn’t interested in seeing it initially. However, I am easily influenced. So after all the build up, I figured I didn’t want to be one of the few who didn’t support this one.
So I did grab my favorite girls, my mom and sisters and we were part of those opening weekend box office numbers.
Now there won’t be any spoiler alerts here because I want you to have your own experience. What I will share is that I was truly entertained. I laughed a lot and teared up a little, I’m extra sensitive. But the one thing I enjoyed the most was that the movie had me all up in my feelings thinking about my girlfriends and my very own forever friends, the QT Posse, Email Baptist and my Cara Soul Sisters.
Girls Trip also reminded me of a few BOLD things we may sometimes forget as it relates to our girlfriends that I wanted to share with you.
- Always tell your truth and don’t ever be afraid to be all of who you are. Your real friends won’t ever judge you.
- Enjoy your life and have adventures. There is nothing like looking back and having those amazing memories with your girls. Remember, no regrets.
- Pick those true blues carefully. I can admit I don’t typically make friends easy, but when I do I take my time. I only want people in my circle who can accommodate the two things I listed above.
- Be confident of what you bring to your sister circle. I know I am the bubbly one who looks at life through rose tinted lenses. I’m the one that’s going to try to make you feel better. I own that, and my girlfriends have accepted that about me. Know that whatever your role is, your girlfriends need you.
- Be bold enough to express how much your sister circle means to you. Tell your girls you love them and apologize when you mess up. These are the things that makes a sister circle that much stronger.
To all my girlfriends please know I’m just absolutely crazy about each of you and I thank God for adding you as blessings in my life.
Bolder Sisters, it’s shout out time. Use the comment section below to tell your girls how much you love and appreciate them. And if you haven’t already, check out the movie Girls Trip. Just a heads up, it’s an adult movie with adult language. 🙂