Women can balance a lot, but sometimes wives and moms are simply overwhelmed. Though it isn’t often verbalized, it’s pretty easy to let frustration set in. With all we have on our plates, it’s important for us to receive encouragement and be reminded of a few things, like how bold and awesome we truly are.
I hope these powerful scriptures and quotes (and most of them are from other bolder sisters you know) will motivate you and remind you of how amazing you are.
- “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” Jeremiah 29:11-13
- “It doesn’t matter who you are, or where you came from. The ability to triumph begins with you. Always.” ~Oprah Winfrey
- “In the day when I cried out, You answered me, And made me bold with strength in my soul.” Psalms 138:3
- “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?” ~Marianne Williamson
- “It’s kind of a catch-22: Strength in women isn’t appreciated, and vulnerability in women isn’t appreciated. It’s like, ‘What the hell do you do?’ What you do is you don’t allow anyone to dictate who you are.” ~Jada Pinkett Smith
- “I hang out with people who are amazing parents and really value a rich living. I’m not talking about monetarily. I’m talking spiritually and mentally, and we help make sure that each one is on their game for their spouses.” ~ Tisha Campbell-Martin
- “God loves you and everything about you, so why beat up on your precious self?” ~Nicole Ari Parker
- “The kind of beauty I want most is the hard-to-get kind that comes from within – strength, courage, dignity.” ~Ruby Dee
- “When things get hard, that’s not always a sign that you’re doing something wrong. It’s often a sign that you’re doing something right.” ~First Lady Michelle Obama
- “Don’t settle for average. Bring your best to the moment. Then, whether it fails or succeeds, at least you know you gave all you had. We need to live the best that’s in us.” ~ Angela Bassett
- “Loving oneself isn’t hard, when you understand who and what ‘yourself’ is. It has nothing to do with the shape of your face, the size of your eyes, the length of your hair or the quality of your clothes. It’s so beyond all of those things and it’s what gives life to everything about you. Your own self is such a treasure.”~Phylicia Rashad
- “The older you get, the more you fight for your own identity and start to live your own life.” ~Tia Mowry
- “As women, we have to realize what we bring to the table. What do you want to do for the world? How do you want to change it? And when you know that, you don’t have to compare yourself to anybody else.” ~Kelly Rowland
- “It’s not the load that breaks you down, it’s the way you carry it.” ~Lena Horne
- “My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.” ~Maya Angelou
Bolder Sisters, which quotes keep you inspired?